Dr Serge Nikolic
MD FRCA FFPMRCA
Dr Serge Nikolic is a consultant in Pain Medicine and Neuromodulation. He has admitting rights works both privately and through the NHS at St Bartholomew’s Hospital where he currently holds the post of Consultant Lead for Neuromodulation.
His main private consulting rooms are at the London Bridge Hospital but has admitting rights to most private hospitals within the London area. He is also an active member of the Fortius group.
Dr Nikolic graduated from Medical School at the University of Belgrade in 1992. He moved to London in 1994 and then completed postgraduate training in London. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 2001 and then a Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine in 2007. Dr Nikolic was appointed a consultant at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in 2006. He currently holds the post of Lead Clinician for Neuromodulation.
Dr Nikolic is a member of the British Pain Society, the International Neuromodulation Society, the North American Neuromodulation Society, the British Medical Association and the Medical Protection Society.
Dr Nikolic offers an individually-tailored, holistic service that includes interventional pain management, analgesia optimisation and comprehensive rehabilitation and psychological support where appropriate and offers services of the highest clinical standards that are firmly founded on the principles of evidence-based medicine.
He is regularly involved in teaching and research, and so his professional knowledge and skills are constantly kept up to date and reflect the latest developments in the field of Interventional Pain Medicine.
He is an active member of various Multidisciplinary Spinal Pain teams both privately and on the NHS.
- Spinal Pain management, in particular cervical pain with or without brachialgia
- Neuromodulation – spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation
- Myofascial pain syndromes
- Neuropathic pain
- Abdominal pain
- Complex pain syndromes and fibromyalgia
Main Interventions Performed
- Spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation procedures
- Diagnostic/therapeutic facet joint/medial branch blocks
- Radiofrequency treatment (rhyzotomy) to dorsal ramii – denervation procedures
- Pulsed radiofrequency treatment to nerve roots, trunks and peripheral nerves
- Sympathetic blocks with or without radiofrequency treatment
- Neuroaxial injections in particular cervical dorsal root infiltration/transforaminal injection
- Botox® injection therapy for migraines/headaches and myofascial pain
- Others – Further information available upon request.